After a bit of a snowy winter, spring has arrived! What better way to celebrate the season of new beginnings than by freshening up your American West home? From your window sills to your pillows, small changes can make a big difference in the overall feel of your living space.
This season, make some easy adjustments to your beautiful home to start out the best time of the year right. Here are a few of our favorite tips for spring cleaning in 2019:
- Welcome Home: Spruce up your outdoor welcome mat by hosing it down and letting it air-dry. Another effective way of stopping dirt in its tracks (no pun intended) is to use a mat on the inside of your door as well. If you already have one, vacuum both sides of it to really get the dirt out for a new season of visitors.
- Dust It Off: Even the most simple of tasks can make a big impact. Dusting off the surfaces of your home, from your coffee table to your kitchen counters to your window sills, can give your entire home a clean feel. With a cloth or store-bought duster, get around places like coffee maker nooks, picture frames, and vases.
- #trashtag: Believe it not, your trash can needs some cleaning love too… Although this might not sound like the most fun chore, you’ll be singing its praises once your trash can is as good as new. Completely empty your kitchen trash can, spray it with a disinfectant, scrub it with a toilet brush, and voila! The smells are long gone.
- Bedding Beauty: The place you go to for ultimate relaxation, your bed is one of the most special parts of your home. Refresh this space by switching out thicker, winter sheets and pillow cases for spring ones. Not to mention, a new look — like a light-colored duvet or spring-themed pillows — creates an entirely fresh vibe.
- Gut Your Garage: It’s easy to let the things in your garage pile up, but it’s even more difficult to clean it all up… With spring in full bloom, make it a point to tackle the garage! After sorting items into piles (keep, donate, sell, recycle), do a little dusting, sweeping, and wiping down, and it’ll be as good as new in no time.
This season, make sure your American West home feels just as fresh as it does outside with a little bit of cleaning. We can’t wait to see how you spruce up your home! From all of us at American West Homes, have a happy and refreshing spring.